- NEVER sign delivery notes that say “….received in good condition”. Carriers can be very unreasonable about our rights and your rights if you do. Unfortunately, unscrupulous hauliers have been known to use a signed POD (Proof of delivery) as an unfair excuse to refuse compensation for goods, however obvious it might be that they have damaged or lost them!
- ALWAYS CROSS out the words “in good condition”. If possible check goods immediately and report any damaged or missing items in writing, on the delivery note.
- Even if the driver won’t wait, only sign the delivery note after you have changed it to read “received UNCHECKED” or preferably (unless the boxes are absolutely perfect) “received DAMAGED”. This will ensure that you don’t sign away any legal rights.
Please bear in mind that with some carriers, we may still only have as little as 24 hours to report details of problems. So please let us know immediately in the (very unlikely!) event that there are any.
Please note – Some heavy goods require delivery charges and some areas of Scotland, Isle of Wight / Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey will require extra delivery charges. However, we will advise of this cost when your order is placed.
Whilst we make every effort to have goods which have been requested for ‘overnight delivery’ delivered the next day, we are still in the hands of the courier and this cannot be guaranteed.
We do not cover consequential loss for damage or delays caused by late or damaged deliveries.
Couriers usually try to deliver goods twice and if this has failed, the goods are then returned to a local depot where you may be asked to collect your order or pay a re-delivery cost. If you decide you no longer require your order after a failed delivery attempt, there will be a charge which will be advised at the time. In addition, if goods have to be returned to stockists due to a missed delivery or cancelled order, an additional handling charge may apply.
In the case of distance selling only, the buyer is entitled to return the goods to the seller for refund in full at any time and for any reason during the first seven days following delivery to the buyer subject to the following conditions and exceptions (notwithstanding goods which are faulty as covered in section 8 of our full terms and conditions)
- The buyer will be responsible for all carriage charges incurred. No refund in respect of carriage charges will be made by the seller.
- The buyer is not entitled to return goods that have been manufactured specifically for the buyer.
- The buyer is not entitled to return goods that are not normally stocked by the seller and have been obtained by the seller specifically for the buyer.
- Goods will not be refunded unless returned to the seller unused and in perfect condition and in their original packaging.
- The seller reserves the right to refuse to refund goods returned to the seller after 28 days have elapsed from the original date of delivery to the buyer.