We all know that is important to keep your pool clean, but exactly how often? In this blog post we will discuss how frequently you should be cleaning your pool.
How often you clean your pool can depend on many factors, including:
- Where your pool is located
- How often you use the pool
- If you see any stains
- If your pool feels different to usual
There isn’t one answer that is set in stone; however, the many factors listed above can give you a hint as to when a clean is needed. Generally, pools will need to be cleaned at least once a week or maybe once a day, but that can depend on how often you use it and if there are any trees nearby. If there is a tree nearby consider trimming it often to avoid leaf debris to begin with.
Conducting Your Clean
When cleaning the pool, you need to remember to conduct the clean properly and make sure you cover all grounds. You should:
- Make sure your pool is topped up with enough of the necessary chemicals
- Test the temperature with a swimming pool thermometer
- Use a leaf net to remove debris
- Use a swimming pool brush to remove algae and dirt
- Consider investing in an automatic electric cleaner to clean the pool floor
The more thorough each clean, the easier it will be to clean next time and the less time it will take. On the days where you don’t perform the full extensive clean, its always good to have a look for anything that could decrease the quality of your pool.
In conclusion, there are a wide range of factors that come into play when it comes to how often you should be cleaning your pool. As long as you do regular deep cleans at least one a week, the pool should stay in good condition.